Monday Motivators is a new blogging event at Rainy Day Reflections. Every Monday, I will share something that motivates me to get through the day, week or even through just an hour. It may be a quote, a photo or even a recipe. I hope that you will share what motivates you, also. **See below for instructions on how to join this new event.
Monday Motivator – June 20
Considering all that’s happening in our world right now, I thought we could use a reminder that everyone can use a little kindness. Sometimes it’s the little things that help make the difference. It’s not difficult to change someone’s day. Here are a few ideas you might try.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Smile at the person who tries to cut in front of you in a traffic jam.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Give a book to a child who doesn’t have one.
- Send an email or text to someone you haven’t talked with in a while.
- Leave an extra $5 as a tip.
- Drop off flowers at a nursing home or rehabilitation center.
- Compliment someone.
- You can find more ideas at 102 Random Acts of Kindness.
I challenge everyone to commit to at least one Random Act of Kindness this week.
Share your Random Acts of Kindness in the comments below and let’s see how we do.
Why Monday Motivators?
This is part of my Project Joy and Finding Joy Everyday quest. For just over 170 days, I’ve been posting a photo on Instagram everyday of something that brings me joy. (You can join me on Instagram at ldjames1.) You can read my post Finding Joy Everyday to find out how I started on this Finding Joy Everyday journey. Monday Motivators is the 2nd part of Project Joy — starting a motivating joy event.
Join Monday Motivators
I’d love for you to join me and share your motivators. There are two ways to join Monday Motivators.
- The first way is to simply put your Monday Motivator in the comments below along with your link (if you want to include one). I’ll compile all motivators and add them to next Monday’s post.
- The second way to join is by emailing me your Monday Motivator by Saturday at 6:00 PM Central time at email@example.com. If you need help with the time zones, The World Clock is a great website. (I’m on Dallas time.) Remember — this event repeats every Monday. Email your Monday Motivator before Saturday at 6:00 PM Central time to be included in the next week’s post
>Your Monday Motivator can be a quote, a photo, a recipe — anything that motivates you.
>Image size should be low res, so the largest side should be 1000 pixels or less. Let me know if you need help in resizing your images.
>Include a link to your blog or website if you want me to link to it.
>Note — You don’t have to be a blogger to participate in this event.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want a reminder email on Fridays.