WOW!! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. I’m honored and amazed that people are finding my blog. A big thanks to Dookes over at hogriderdookes.wordpress.com for the nomination. I can’t wait to read about more of his trips on that Harley of his. You should check out his blog if you haven’t already.
After a little research, I’ve learned that the Liebster Award has been around for few years. It’s an award given by bloggers to other bloggers to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers.
1. Display the Liebster award on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to your nominator.
3. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with about 200 or fewer followers and link to them.
5. Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
1. How do you feel about getting nominated for the Liebster Award?
I’m thrilled and honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award. I’m amazed and humbled each time someone visits my little blog. 🙂
2. What made you start blogging?
I’ve always dreamed of being a writer and blogging lets me write. It’s also a great way to share my thoughts and photos.
3. Where is your favorite place in the world?
Wow! This is a tough question. I enjoy traveling and there are many places I love visiting especially areas with lakes or mountains. However, I’ll have to be corny and say that my favorite place is wherever I can be with my hubby. It becomes the perfect place If my grandies and kids are there, too.
4. Bungee jump or surfing?
Most definitely surfing! I much prefer water — even rough water — to open air.
5. If you could go back in time and do something different in your life, what would that be?
To be truthful, there’s really not much that I’d do different in my life because this is my life. Certainly, there are things I could have done differently that would possibly have changed my life. –But then it wouldn’t be my life. If I have to give an answer, then I guess it would be that I wold have gone to college immediately after high school. I waited almost 8 years before starting. Not only was I an older student, I had to plan my studies around my kids’ activities.
6. Where will your next holiday/vacation destination be?
We hope to go on an Alaskan cruise in the very near future. I can’t wait to see the whales, glaciers and maybe the Northern Lights.
7. Dogs or Cats?
Dogs. I’m owned by 2 Schnauzers, Maggie and Taffy.
I’m severely allergic to cats; so I’ve never had the opportunity to experience having a cat as a pet. 😦
8. Tell us about your favourite food!
Seafood is my favorite food — shrimp and lobster. Need I say more.
9. What is your perfect day?
My perfect day is a day spent with my family. Add in a boat on a lake and I’m ecstatic!
10. Who would be your dream dinner companion?
If you’ve read my other (corny) answers, you’re probably rolling your eyes because you’re expecting me to say my hubby. Yes, he’s almost always a great dinner companion; but this did say dream dinner companion. So let me dream… How about a private concert before dinner for hubby and I and the performer joins us for dinner. Who’s performing that concert? Vince Gil, Josh Turner, Reba, Donnie and Marie, Jennifer Lopez, anyone from the Nashville tv show, and the list could go on and on. Since I’m dreaming — lets dream that I get to have dinner with everyone on my list at weekly private concerts. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
11. Do these questions all seem very random to you too?
Yes, these questions do seem random. I think having random question are great because they provide a great variety of information about the award nominee.
Drum roll please….
- Sophie Thomas Blogs
- I Think It’s Ashley
- Just Words
- Mikkis09ms/s Blog
- Playing With My First DSLR Camera
- Lily Pups Life
- Susan Rushton
- Drowning in Rough Drafts
- Franki Kohler
- Crazy Green Thumbs
- Graying Chronicles
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- If you had the power to change the world, what would you change? Why?
- What is your favorite way to unwind?
- What was your favorite childhood book?
- If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
- Share your favorite quote.
- Would you rather vacation at the beach or in the mountains?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- If you won 10 million dollars in a context; what’s the first thing you’d do?
For those I’ve nominated, I’ve enjoyed reading your inspiring and entertaining posts. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with the world. I hope you will accept the nomination. It is a great way to bring the blogging community together and it certainly could brighten someone’s day if you choose to participate.